Sunday, March 29, 2015

Makin' Do

So I hate to grocery shop on the weekends and so I pretty much refuse to go to the store... that means that we will eat what is in the house!!!

Today Chef put on a pot of Beans with Ham and since that is not my favorite meal, I set out to get creative with some yummy sides.

We all pretty much love Funeral Potatoes, and I had everything for that... so I got to work on making this creamy, cheesy casserole.

Small bag of frozen hashbrowns
Cream of Chicken Soup (one can)
Sour Cream (small container)
Salt, Pepper
Garlic Powder
Shredded Cheese
Chopped Onion (1/2)

I mix all this up together, put in a greased casserole dish and top with crushed cornflakes and melted butter.  Just put enough salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. Cook until hot and bubbly! Delicious!



 Garlic Cheese Biscuits


Then I decided to make some cheesy garlicky biscuits. You know, like the ones from Red Lobster? So here is my recipe for those!!!

2 cups flour
4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
2 cups shredded cheese
1 cup melted butter
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and drop on sprayed cookie sheet. I use an ice cream scoop filled halfway... Remember these will expand in the oven... so don't put a whole scoop!

Bake until golden brown and puffed. Brush with melted butter mixed with garlic powder! Your kids will love these!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment